Wednesday, June 15, 2011

30 Days of Dance? Girl are you Crazy?

People have been asking me why in the world am I attempting to dance everyday for 30 days?

Because I'm crazy...that's why!

I want to get in shape and get active, but the traditional gym is not for me.

First of all, cute workout clothes are made for skinny people! Secondly, when you are big and go to a gym, people look at you like "damn, why are you here?".....which is so stupid. Lastly, I think I might have Adult ADD, I'm not sure....but all I know is that after sit-up #5 I am bored.

Dancing however will keep my attention!

So, from June 15th-July 15th I am going to dance everyday!

I have a 3-fold mission with my "30 Days of Dance"

1. To Have Fun and enjoy NYC: I have lived here for years, but I have been so busy working, that I have not really ventured out to enjoy all that NYC has to offer. From free nightclubs, to low-cost dance classes....I am going to finally get to see all the NYC has to offer a dance freak like me! Also, this year has been very stressful for me, so dancing will make me HAPPY!!!!!
2. To Lose Weight and Get In Shape: I HATE exercise! I want to get active without spending money to join a gym! I want a fun activity that will allow me to sweat, get moving and possibly let a few guys grind on me and feel me up at the same time!
3. I want to tell the world to kiss my FAT ASS: I'm tired of the clubs in NYC that refuse to let "big girls" in. I'm tired of going out to dance and somebody looking at me crazy because "big girls" are not supposed to dance! I'm tired of standing in a corner or sitting down at the table watching the purses of my skinny friends while they dance! I wanna dance too!!!!

If you know of a cool party or a dance class where I can dance, please let me know! I'll be taking pictures, shooting video and spotlighting all of the cool people I meet!


Check my blog regularly for updates on where I am going to dance!

Tonite I am going to "Ocean @ Splash" hosted by the fab Nathan Williams.

DAY 1 Wednesday June 15th NYC
Ocean at Splash

50 W 17th St, New York, NY 10011

Cross Streets: Between 6th Ave and 5th Ave

Neighborhood: Union Square New York, NY

Party with the sexy gay boys!!

I'll be there at 11pm!

DAY 2 Thursday June 16th ZUMBA in BK
7:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.

Mark Morris Dance Group

3 Lafayette Ave, Brooklyn

ZUMBA® is a dance-based fitness class using international music and steps – Salsa, Cumbia, Merengue, Swing, Tango, Samba, Reggaeton (Latin/Funk), and more. Nonstop energetic routines feature intervals with fast and slow rhythms in addition to resistance training. No partner or previous dance experience required. Recommended attire includes comfortable workout clothes and sneakers with non-marking soles. Two Open Level classes are offered on a drop-in basis.

Phone: 718-624-8400
E-mail: info@mmdg.org
Cost: $13

No comments: